I’ll be honest with you. I had no intention of these being Snickerdoodles. Absolutely none. I kind of was going for more of a sugar cookie type of thing and BAM they came out of the oven as Snickerdoodles. How that happened, I’m not really sure. But that’s the world of recipe development for you I suppose.
I shared this video on the Taylor Made It Paleo Facebook page the other day and it got the most likes/comments/shares out of anything I’ve ever posted on there. And it’s not even food related. It’s puppy related. Maybe I should just turn this site into a puppy blog. Bottom line: Someone please make this happen to me. With that exact dog.
Holy crap I had an awesome birthday. My whole family came over for a Mexican Fiesta themed birthday party last weekend and it was nothing short of hilarious. We even had a piñata. Filled with lotto tickets and mini bottles of alcohol. And chocolate of course. Not your average piñata eh? We even hung it on a string between two poles and had a blindfold and everything. Very mature of us.
I have to say I got some AMAZING birthday gifts, too. I was definitely spoiled this year. I got a new waffle maker, an immersion blender, a KitchenAid ice cream maker attachment (which I cannot WAIT to use), and a sweet potato fry cutter! How awesome is that? Because God knows how painful it can be to cut sweet potato fries. Another gift I got that I am SUPER excited about is a barbell from Again Faster. My very own barbell to have at home. No more missed WODs for this girl. Sometimes when life gets busy and you aren’t making it to the gym as much as you should, you just need a barbell in your home. It’s so awesome. My Aunt Judi also got me a FlipBelt, which is this band you wear around your waist when you run/bike/whatever to keep all of your stuff in. Being a diabetic, I ALWAYS have a ton of crap to bring with me, so this is the PERFECT solution! It fits SO much inside! I also got a gift card to Jeni’s from my mom’s BFF Carm and a Whole Foods gift card from my sister. Eeeeeeek. It was a great birthday, guys
Let’s make Snickerdoodles now, shall we?
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (plus about a 1/4 cup for rolling)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 7 tbsp grass-fed butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar (1/2 cup), cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine butter, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract in a separate large mixing bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet, mixing until all are well combined.
- Roll dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Roll each ball in additional coconut sugar to lightly cover.
- Place on baking sheet and press down lightly with the back of a spoon to flatten a little (you can also do this immediately after they come out of the oven for a more “cracked” appearance).
- Bake for 12-14 minutes (you want there to be a soft center!)
- Let cool and enjoy!