Yesterday I reached out to the Facebook world to ask my millions of followers (and by millions I mean like 5) what I should make for today’s post. Do you “like” my Facebook page? You should. Anyways, lots of people suggested I make something minty and chocolate-y. Which I was very close to creating. Until someone swooped in and suggested Almond Joys. Ummm hello. That clearly won the prize . I used to LOVE Almond Joys. I was that weird child who hoarded the Almond Joys at Halloween when all of the other children were collecting Skittles and Reese’s Cups. I liked to think I had a more sophisticated taste than the other children. Okay, Taylor.
It was HOT yesterday. And let me tell you, it’s not good to have 25+ inch hair when it’s that hot. Especially when you’re working out. Basically it just whips around and sticks to your face. It’s a hot look, let me tell you. Thank God for Lululemon headbands the size of your entire head. Lulu always understands.
Did I tell you I went to Nashville last week? I did. And one day we ate lunch at a place called Burger Up. It was awesome. When I heard they had grass-fed burgers and use local ingredients, I was totally in. I made my cousin and sister come with me. They could care less about grass-fed burgers. But I made them go anyways and it was fab. And they had some pretttttty awesome sweet potato fries. You know I can’t say no to sweet potato fries. I would highly recommend that place if you ever travel to Nashville.
In other food related news, I made Juli from PaleOMG’s Raspberry Lemon Pancakes over the weekend. TWICE. They were that good. I actually left out the raspberry and lemon and added chocolate chips instead. Holy moly they were good you guys. That is definitely going to be my go-to pancake recipe from now on. The fluff was unlike anything I had ever seen before. They were like little pillows on my plate. I felt like I should be sleeping on them instead of eating them. Is that weird? Don’t answer that.
Okay, that’s enough about food. I will leave you with this: My birthday is coming up next month. So if you could so kindly drop a puppy off on my front door, I would be forever grateful. K thanks.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 15-20 almonds
- 1 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips)
- Add all ingredients besides chocolate chips and almonds to a food processor and pulse until well combined (this should be able to be pressed into the bottom of a pan like a crust, so be sure not to process too long!)
- Press mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9×4 inch bread pan (or something similar).
- Press almonds individually into the top of coconut layer, spacing them out throughout the pan.
- Melt chocolate chips (in microwave or in double boiler on stove).
- Pour chocolate evenly over bottom layer.
- Place bars into the freezer until chocolate hardens completely (about 30-45 minutes).
- Let bars thaw for a few minutes at room temperature, then cut into small pieces (I got about 16).
- **Store in refrigerator or freezer