Holy crap. I’m graduating from college in 2 days. Where has the time gone? Wasn’t I just moving into my dorm room freshman year (and hating it)? Good times in Park Hall. Just kidding. I think I might be the only college student in America who hated living in a dorm. Not for me. I like personal space. And showers I don’t have to wear flip flops in. Call me crazy.
I bought a really cute outfit for graduation yesterday. Reallllly cute. I usually really hate shopping. Mainly because my shoulders have become the size of Montana since I started doing CrossFit last year. I know, I know. “Strong is sexy.” But what’s not sexy is having mini panic attacks in the dressing room when you’re taking off a shirt and get stuck inside of it trying to get it over your shoulders. Ugh. Not sexy at all. Damn you CrossFit. I love you. If it were up to me I would wear spandex and a Sports Illustrated t-shirt under my gown. But I’m trying to be an adult here.
Speaking of CrossFit, our gym expanded this week! To all of you Columbus locals out there, if you’re thinking about joining a CrossFit gym, Endeavor is your answer. There are plenty of other gyms around Columbus, but I can bet you none are like this one. The instructors are awesome and everyone there is just like one big family. I mean I suck at almost everything, and people still accept me. It’s just great. Anyways, Endeavor finally expanded this week and the new space is humongous! So much more room for activities. Activities that sometimes make you want to cry. But mostly make you feel awesome. Look how big it is!
So if you’re in Columbus and have been thinking about trying a CrossFit class (or Krav Maga), come see the amazing people at Endeavor! You won’t be disappointed. Pinky promise.
So onto cupcakes. Chocolate cupcakes. Buttercream frosting. All around deliciousness. This was the first time I have ever attempted paleo cupcakes. Mainly because paleo frosting intimidates me. But not anymore! I have conquered my fear. Just for you.
- For the frosting:
- 1, 8 oz package Kerrygold grass fed butter
- 7 oz Enjoy Life chocolate chips (about 3/4 package)
- For the cupcakes:
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter (or other nut butter)
- 2 tbsp honey
- For the icing, heat butter and chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until completely melted (this will be very thin).
- Remove from heat and allow pan to cool, then place in refrigerator to set (this should become a solid block, takes about 45 minutes to an hour).
- Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin pan with paper or silicon liners.
- In a small bowl combine coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, almond milk, sunflower seed butter, honey and coconut oil (be sure to add coconut oil last to prevent it from solidifying).
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix until we’ll combined.
- Spoon batter equally into muffin cups (each should be almost completely full).
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While cupcakes are cooling, prepare frosting by removing from refrigerator and allowing it to come to room temperature (frosting should still be pretty solid).
- Transfer frosting from saucepan into your mixing bowl.
- Beat for two minutes at medium speed.
- Spread evenly over cupcakes.