Oh yes. The day you all have been waiting for. Red Wine Chocolate Truffles are here. You will probably love the crap out of me after you make these. Because they might be the best thing I’ve ever made. Seriously. I would be willing to bet a large sum of money that if you make these for your Valentine, they will immediately get down on one knee and propose marriage to you. So be careful. That could be dangerous. And awkward.
I’m almost 100% positive my Valentine’s Day plans will consist of going to class all day, coaching small children, and then passing out on the couch with a pint of Jeni’s while watching Courtney Loves Dallas reruns. Because I love Courtney. And Jeni. And because I have 4 midterms AND dietetic internship applications due this week. So I’m thinking by Friday night that’s about all my brain will allow for.
Do you know how stressful dietetic internship applications are? I think I’m finally done with mine but I feel like I need to look over everything about 47 more times before actually hitting the submit button. I’m just going with the whole “telling myself that whatever is meant to be will be and it’s all in God’s hands now” mantra. Because it’s true. And because it makes me feel better. Please pray for me.
Have you guys got your copy of my ebook yet!? If you follow me on Instagram you probably unfollowed me this weekend since I posted so much about it. Sorry. I’m just really excited. It’s only $5 guys. Which means even I can afford it. And that’s saying something because I am broke as a joke. Not even the funny kind of joke either. So go get your copy now! Twenty five brand new paleo dessert recipes to indulge your healthy little sweet tooth.
Lucky for you these truffles aren’t in there and I am giving you the recipe right now. You’re welcome lovers. You’re welcome.
P.S. I know absolutely nothing about wine. So feel free to use your own judgement/preference as to which kind to use in your truffles.
- 8 oz Enjoy Life chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup red wine (I used a red blend)
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter, softened
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl.
- Bring wine to a low boil over medium heat.
- Pour wine over chocolate chips and stir until completely melted.
- Stir in butter.
- Allow mixture to sit until it becomes firm enough to roll into balls, stirring every 5-10 minutes (this takes a total of about an hour).
- Set aside cocoa powder in a small bowl.
- Once chocolate is firm, roll into small balls.
- Toss each truffle into cocoa powder to coat, then place in a colander to shake off excess cocoa.
- **Store in refrigerator to keep longer