So yesterday was the first day I actually felt like I might collapse and die at CrossFit. Don’t get me wrong, every day at CrossFit resembles a near death experience, but yesterday was particularly brutal. Our WOD was:
Cindy (5 round of 5 pull up, 10 pushups, and 15 air squats)
15 clean and jerks
Thank the dear Lord there was a 20 minute time cap or I would probably still be at the gym right now. Scott from Your Inner Strong told me Cindy is a deceptive b*tch. He was right about that. Pull ups are not my friend. Plus I literally look like an idiot when I do them because for some reason I cannot for the life of me get my foot into the band on my own. I don’t know if that’s because I’m tall or because I’m just a loser, but either way it’s pretty embarrassing. Our coach had to come over every round and pull my band down for me while I stuck my foot in. And he didn’t even make fun of me, even though he was probably thinking it in his head. What a nice guy.
I think I am going to build an ark. Like Noah’s. It has rained in Columbus every single day since June 18th. Yes I just heard that statistic on the radio. Holy balls that’s a lot of rain. Yesterday I walked out of my class and the sky looked like it was about to crap all over the Earth. Of course it was the one day I forgot my umbrella. I prayed to God that it wouldn’t start pouring until I got to my car as I did the awkward walk/jog with my book bag on all the way to the parking lot, which isn’t exactly a short distance. So that was a cute sight for all to see. Thankfully the Lord heard my prayers and I made it just in time before it started monsooning. Whew.
One of my friends has agreed to try bison for the first time ever in his life tonight. His mind is about to be blown.
The winner of the coconut oil giveaway will be contacted today, so check your e-mails people!
These brownies have zucchini in them. Which means you can eat the whole batch at once because that’s a vegetable and vegetables are good for you.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine eggs, zucchini, banana, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and combine.
- Mix in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour into a 8×8 baking pan lined with parchment paper (so that some sticks out on either end to make removal easier).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.